OLM PRIMARY SCHOOL SOUTH B

In 1957 following the call of Mercy to alleviate illitracy, the Sisters of Mercy founded yet another school in colloboration with the colonial government of the day at Nairobi South. Both Srs. Joseph Dunne and Therese Noel Gallagher were the first teachers who in January 1958 admitted the first students. At first the school was termed as a Goan school as it admitted only ‘Goan children who were the main inhabitants of Nairobi South. However before long other children came and the school became an interracial and interdenominational entity. The school insfrastructure was consructed and developed over the years through SIsters hardwork, fund raising and savings from their teaching job a