St Catherine’s Primary is a three stream school situated on Mukenia Road, South B, opposite The Mater Misericordiae Hospital. The school is named after Catherine McCauley, Foundress of the Sisters of Mercy in 1846. It shares a compound with Sisters of Mercy Learning & Spiritual Centre (MEO), Mary Immaculate Rehabilitation Centre (MIRC) and Mary Immaculate Clinic (MIC), all Sisters of Mercy ministries.
St. Catherine started in 1992 consisting of two corrugated iron shacks and later developed into what it is today, thanks to the collaboration between the Community, Kenyan Government, Sisters of Mercy and Mellon Educate. It caters for over 1,500 children ranging in age from 4 years to 16 years. Sisters of Mercy partners with Mukuru Promotion Center (MPC) has introduced Child-Centred Education which emphasises on the individual child building of self-esteem, learning through play and discovery, and a positive approach through music, art and acrobatics to bring up the holistic approach to enhance better living for the young generation.